We have created this planning guide especially for you as you carry out the privilege of managing all that our Lord has given you. You have devoted your time, talents, and treasures to Christ, your family, and others through your congregation, synod, and WELS-affiliated ministries.
We pray that this booklet will give you a practical, understandable, and workable process that results in a plan with which you are comfortable—one that
- demonstrates God-pleasing Christian stewardship,
- provides for your loved ones and the ministries you love after you go to heaven, and
- is completed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Using this Booklet
This booklet will take you through the steps of preparing an estate plan, including filling out forms that will be useful to your planners and family.
- Familiarize yourself with the ideas described on pages 4-16.
- Complete as much of the “Information for Your Planners” (pp. 17-35) as you can (you can also do this digitally at wels.net/foundation).
- Contact your local deferred WELS Christian giving counselor, and he will help you complete the process.
- You need Adobe Reader in order to complete the form fields on a computer. If you do not have this software on your computer, you can download it for free here.
- This workbook is meant only for saving and printing your information. Do not e-mail the document with completed form fields as your data could be intercepted.